When you invest with Trine, you invest as an individual or as a company. Depending on how you are investing, the way you can verify your identity is as follows:
Investing as an Individual
The primary form of identity verification is ONE of the following:
- A valid, non-expired passport of the payment account holder (both pages clearly showing your photo and the MRZ number along the bottom).
- A valid, non-expired national ID of the payment account holder (both sides clearly shown). A driving license does not qualify as a national ID card.
If your passport or national ID has expired, you can provide the following:
- A photo of your expired passport (both pages clearly showing your photo and the MRZ number along the bottom) or expired national ID (pictured front and back)
- A photo of a valid driver's license (pictured front and back).
Investing as a Company
The primary form of identity verification is ALL of the following:
- A valid, non-expired passport of the director of the company (both pages clearly showing your photo and the MRZ number along the bottom).
- A copy of your Certificate of incorporation.
- A copy of your Share Register
- A copy of a valid, non-expired passport(s) for any shareholders owning 25% or more of the company.
With larger amounts, if you invest more than €30,000 as an individual or €100,000 as a company we need to know more about the origin of the funds. This involves knowing the type of business and knowing where existing wealth originated from.
Submitting Your Documents
Currently, Trine allows you to upload one file through your account online. If you have a valid, non-expired passport, and have not already submitted it for verification, this will be the easiest and fastest method.
If you need to provide multiple documents, you can email them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will securely upload them to our payment provider for verification.
What if I don't have a valid passport or national ID?
Although we hope to provide more flexible options in the future, at this point in time, you can only invest with Trine if you are able to provide the identity documents as outlined above.
If you are an investor who started investing with us before the identity verification requirements were in place, and you do not want to provide, or are unable to provide, identity verification, please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide you with your available options.