The first thing you need to do is to sign up and create a Trine account. Choose to sign up with BankID, or with your email.
Note that when you fill in your name, make sure it's your legal name, and not a nickname or a short version of your name.
- Verify your personal details. All investors will need to verify their identity. For an individual it's a copy/photo of your ID, and for companies it's a few more. You only need to do this step once. Please note that it may take 2-3 business days for documents to be verified and accepted. Read more about KYC process.
- Choose a loan to invest in. On the loan page you will find all details (expected interest rate, impact, payback period etc) related to that specific loan.
- Go through the risks related to investing. It's important to be aware of the fact that an investment through Trine carries risks, like all investments.
- Choose how much you want to invest. Minimum amount is €25. When you fill in the amount, you will also see the expected repayment schedule, based on the legal contract of the loan. In addition to this you will also see your predicted social and environmental impact.
- Now you're almost there! The only thing left to do is to pay.
You can choose from two options:
- Credit/Debit card: Make sure that your card is prepared for internet purchases and foreign payments. The transaction goes through our French payment provider Lemon Way.
- Bank transfer: Make sure to use the correct reference. Also note that the name of the debit account must correspond with the name of the payment account (your Trine account). This is why you need to use your legal name when signing up.
Trine doesn't charge anything for the transaction, but your bank may.
Contact your bank if you’re unsure about fees. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.